Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old times.

"There are places I remember in my life though some have changed..." Funny, I told myself yesterday that today is the start of my exodus from my old self. And here I am, thinking about my yesteryears. What's there to tell about the future anyway? So I travel - back.

I'm proud to say that I grew up in a province where all native and weird things exist. Although we're almost heading towards the country's brownout capital (Now this isn't part of the past), at least, we don't have much of Payatas and Edsa stuff. Our place is small. Small enough for you to consider committing a big mistake. Good luck.

I'd like to think about my high school days. Oh, the happy times. It was the best part of my school days. It makes me smile, really. Joyride with EXORCITS, MIRC and Playstation with Divine, Drop calls with Paulo, 300 card load from mama (Who introduced E-load?!Such a grrr), singing "If you're not the one" as if no one's around, the feeling of belongingness, the anticipation of being admired by someone that you've been crushing for so long, the "manong-manang thing" between the seniors and juniors, ENDLESS LOVE (Johnny and Jenny). Goose bumps.

This is what you get when you think about the past. You get to pick the best part of it and just disregard the rest. But when you think about the future, you get a little scared and anxious. We all fear the unkown, that's a fact.

Easier said than done, though.

As the song goes, "Some forever not for better. Some have gone and some remain. All these places have their moments. With lovers and friends I still can recall..."

Travelling back is a tough fight. But it's okay. I got a souvenir.

Me.





P.S. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment